BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Vendor shall be Davidson Golf Limited, hereafter referred to as “the Company”, The Purchaser shall be the group or individual hereafter referred to as “the Client”.
All tours booked with the Company shall be met by a representative of the Company who will remain with the party throughout the duration the tour to provide a ‘Concierge’ service. Additionally, the Company will provide a 24hr emergency contact number for use during the period of the tour.
1. A deposit of 50% will normally be required at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed with the Company (see item 6 below).
2. The full balance shall be due not later than 3 months prior to the date of departure.
3. Alterations to the tour package can be made subject to the conditions and administration charges set out in clauses 6 and 7.
4. Invoices and receipts shall be issued, by the Company, to the person named as the lead individual of the Client.
The Company will communicate all matters by e-mail or telephone directly with the Client or, in the case of a group booking, with the nominated leader of the group except in the circumstances where an Agent is acting locally for a client. In the case of the latter, the Company will work directly with the Agent on behalf of “the Client” and the transaction will thereby be an Agent to Agent transaction. The Client will supply a full e-mail address and postal address for him/herself and all members of a group or party.
Bookings shall be confirmed on the basis of the agreed itinerary as notified by the Company and accepted by the Client. The said itinerary shall remain provisional and subject to availability until any applicable deposits have been received by the Company and confirmation of the individual components of the tour have been received.
All tour prices will be expressed in UK Pounds Sterling (GBP). The Company has no influence over foreign exchange rates and therefore cannot be held to any quoted example of the tour costs expressed in US Dollars or any other relevant currency. Tour prices, and the payment for any agreed tour shall be made to the Company in UK Pounds Sterling (GBP) to the exact amount as agreed at the time of confirmation of the booking. The Company cannot be held responsible for any fees incurred by the client in respect of a transfer of funds. Credit Card payments will incur a charge as appropriate for foreign exchange conversion.
A deposit of 50% of the agreed price will normally be required at the time of confirmation of a booking. A lesser deposit of 30% may be permitted under certain circumstance, subject to agreement with the Company. Full settlement of the outstanding balance will be required not later than within 3 months of the agreed commencement date of the tour. In the case of a booking being made within 3 months of the commencement date of a tour then payment of the full agreed amount will be required immediately on booking unless otherwise agreed with the Company. Under all circumstances, the Client is advised to ensure that any payment reaches the Company in a timely manner and by the due date agreed. The Client should take into account any additional days required for the transfer of funds.
The Client should be advised that in the event of any unnecessary delay occurring between the agreed itinerary being accepted by the Client and the receipt by the Company of any deposit, this may result in the loss of any provisional availability for both accommodation or golf bookings. The Client is advised that a timely payment of the initial deposit must be made to ensure that the itinerary offered to the Client can be delivered as agreed. The Company shall not be held responsible in the event of any individual elements of the tour becoming unavailable. In such an event, the Company will do its utmost to source suitable alternatives and confirm acceptance with the client.
Tour details will be agreed by exchange and acceptance of tour itinerary supplied by the Company. Changes to the itinerary within a period of 3 months from the commencement date of the tour are not expected to occur and no guarantee can be given that any alteration/request made within this timescale will be successful. The Client should be aware that any changes to the agreed itinerary may incur an administration charge or result in the loss of a deposit. Any alterations to the itinerary within 3 months of the agreed travel date may incur a minimum administration charge of £30 per alteration per person. Where alterations under these circumstances cannot be agreed between the Client and the Company, the Company reserves the right to cancel the tour.
Any request by the Client to defer or postpone a booked tour will be at the sole discretion of the Company based on the availability and co-operation of the other service providers affected. Such requests submitted within the period of 3 months prior to the commencement date of the tour will not normally be considered.
In the event of cancellation of the tour package by the Client, any such request must be submitted in writing to the Company and such request will be considered based on the day of the said notification arriving with the Company. Where notification is sent by e-mail, it should not be assumed to have arrived unless confirmation and acknowledgement is given by the Company by return. Requests for cancellation will be subject to clauses 8 and 9 of these Terms and Conditions.
In the circumstances where the client wishes to cancel a booking after it has been agreed by both parties and a deposit has been paid, the Company will review any advance deposits paid out or committed to be paid, or any cancellation fees that may be levied by any providers of any or all elements of the individual booking and shall advise the client of the financial implications of any intended cancellation at that stage. There should therefore be no assumption on the part of the Client to any automatic right to a refund.
Any cancellation notified by the Client within a period of 28 days from the date of confirmation of the booking, providing the 28th days falls prior to the period of 3 months before the date of commencement of the tour, shall be considered by the Company for a refund of up to 50% of the total tour price (subject to the conditions in clause 7). In addition, cancellation prior to 3 months from the date of travel shall be considered for a refund of up to 50% (subject to the conditions in clause 7). A refund will not normally be given where a cancellation is notified to the Company within the period of 3 months prior to the commencement date of the tour.
In the circumstances where the Client has paid a deposit and subsequently fails to pay the outstanding balance or fails to further communicate or respond to the Company, the Company shall reserve the right to cancel the booking and any deposit paid at an earlier date shall be forfeit.
The Client is advised to ensure that they do not travel without being in possession of an appropriate level of travel insurance cover. The Company cannot be held liable for any losses incurred through damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, personal injury or accident, illness or any health related issues at any location throughout the tour or in any vehicle used as part of the tour. In such circumstances, however, the Company will, without prejudice, strive to ensure that the needs and well being of the Client are best met at all times. The Client is specifically advised that the Company does not engage in the business of providing individual insurance cover.
The Client must ensure that they do not travel without being in possession of any appropriate visa or other such travel authority as may be required to enter the United Kingdom under the conditions set out by Her Majesty’s Home Office, UK Visa and Immigration Department therein force. The Client is advised to check on the HM Government website https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa to ensure that these requirements are met prior to travel to the UK. The Client is specifically advised that the Company does not engage in the provision of any visa services and cannot he held responsible for any losses incurred through a failure on the part of the Client to obtain the necessary visa.
The Company will endeavour to ensure that all arrangements are in accordance with the tour package as confirmed and will only engage with other professionals in the industry where appropriate. However, the Company accepts no liability for the actions or in-actions or omissions of any agent or sub-contractor acting in the course of their employment or contract in relation to providing services relating to the tour package.
The Company cannot accept liability for any delay, or changes, or any inconvenience caused by any of the following ‘Force Majeure’ incidents: fire, storms, tempest, hurricane, floods, volcanic activity, coastal erosion or climate change issues. In addition, the Company accepts no liability for reason of war, or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, political unrest, acts, omission, neglect, delay or default of any person engaged in providing any tour services including: transportation, accommodation, technical problems to transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports, building work, extended hotel closure, cancellations or changes of schedules by airlines, interruption or failure to public utilities.
The Client is advised that for certain golf courses a current handicap certificate must be available. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that they do not travel without a copy of their membership and/or handicap certificates. Failure to present a handicap certificate, where requested, may result in the Client forfeiting their tee time and green fees. In such an event the Company cannot be held responsible.
The Company will, after receipt of final payment, and prior to one month before travel date, confirm with the Client all details of the tour package including handicap certificates, where required, and any requests for Caddies, etc. Availability of Caddies will be the responsibility of, and dependent on, the individual golf courses and course Caddie Masters and the Company cannot guarantee the availability of Caddie services. Where applicable, the Company will be responsible for the payment of Caddie services and the Client will be advised of successful reservations. The Company will not be responsible for the payment of any gratuities in respect of Caddie services.
The Company is committed to making every effort to ensure that each tour is a success and fully meets with the Client’s expectations. However, it is accepted that unforeseen problems or rare disappointments can occur. In the event of any issue arising during the tour the Client should, in the first instance, endeavour to resolve the matter immediately by contacting the Concierge directly. In the event that the matter remains unresolved the Client is advised to telephone the emergency contact number provided.
In the rare event that the Client feels that a formal complaint is merited, the said complaint should be advised to the Company, in writing, within a period of not later than 7 days from the completion date of the tour. Any such formal complaint will be investigated fully by the Company and the outcome advised in writing to the Client within a reasonable period of time. There should, however, be no presumption by the Client that any form of monetary compensation will be issued.
All contracts entered into between the Company and the Client (or Agent) shall be governed by the Law of Scotland and, without prejudice to this clause, in the event of an unresolved issue as set out in clause 17, the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
1. Davidson Golf Limited maintains its website for the use of potential Clients. Clients are free to browse the site and may download any material displayed on the site for non-commercial, personal use only with the provision that any copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the material is retained.
2. All material on the ‘Davidson Golf Limited’ website is protected by copyright and any misuse thereof, may constitute a violation of copyright, trademark or other law. All rights are reserved.
3. Such copyright applies to all proprietary pages, images, text, programmes and other material that is available throughout the website and the use of website indicates your acceptance of the Davidson Golf Limited Terms and Conditions.
4. It may be an offence to distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use the content of the site for public or commercial purposes, including any text images, audio or video elements without written permission from Davidson Golf Limited.
5. Davidson Golf Limited endeavours to ensure that the content of the website is accurate and up to date at all times, however, it cannot be guaranteed that the operation of the website will be error free or without interruption. Use of the site is at the individuals own risk.
6. Davidson Golf Limited shall endeavour to ensure that the website remains virus free, however, the Company cannot be held liable for any damage or viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of an individual accessing or browsing the Company’s website material. Downloading of any material, text, video or image shall be at the sole risk of the user.
7. Davidson Golf Limited does not gather or hold on record any personal information relating to individuals visiting or using the Company website. The only exception to this policy is in relation to any individuals that have submitted a completed contact form or subscribed to the Company’s newsletter. Any such information is held and used by Davidson Golf Limited solely for the purpose of conducting the legitimate business of the Company and such information shall not be passed on to any third parties.
8. Davidson Golf Limited shall make every effort to maintain the highest level of security over the Company website, servers and e-mail communications. The Company cannot be held responsible for any unauthorised attack or violation of the website by harvesting or otherwise malicious practices.
9. Clients are advised not to communicate any sensitive or personal information through e-mails and are specifically advised that, where appropriate, any credit card information should only be conveyed by means of a ‘person to person’ telephone call made directly to a Davidson Golf Limited member of staff.
10. Davidson Golf Limited may, from time to time, monitor or review telephone conversations or e-mail communications for the purposes of training and/or security. Under such circumstances the Client will be advised on initial contact before the communication takes place.
11. Davidson Golf Limited is a Registered Limited Company as defined and the Company is also registered under the UK HMRC for the purposes of VAT rules and operates under the Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS).
Have a question?
We're here to assist you!